The European Societies for Theory and/or Analysis of Music decided during EuroMAC 9 in Strasbourg in July 2017 to form a European Network. This project came true during a meeting on 24 May 2018 in Zagreb.
It was suggested that the name chosen for the network might be “T&AM”, for “Theory & Analysis of Music”, or the same in many European languages.
The Network was created by the following societies (in alphabetic order): GATM, Gruppo Analisi e Teoria Musicale; GMTh, Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie; HDGT, Hrvatsko društvo glazbenih teoretičara; OTM, Общество Теории Музыки; PTAM, Polskie Towarzystwo Analizy Muzycznej; SBAM, Société belge d'analyse musicale; SFAM, Société française d'Analyse musicale; SMA, Society for Music Analysis; VMTh, Vereniging voor Muziektheorie.
The Network held a meeting on 22 November 2018 in Aix-en-Provence.
• The ATAM was formally accepted as member of the T&AM.
• It was envisaged that membership, in due time, would be open to members of the participating societies, through their society. Researchers from countries where no society exists would be requested to become members of a society in any other country of their choice.
• The project of a dedicated website was also further discussed.
• 21-23 March 2019. International symposium Música Analítica 2019, Music as Analysis, Analysis as Music. Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Porto.
• 27-28 July 2019. International Music Analysis Conference (SotonMAC 2019) of the Society for Music Analysis (SMA), University of Southampton, Department of Music. This will be preceded by a Music Analysis Summer School for postgraduate students and early career scholars on 27-28 July 2019. Further details will be announced in Autumn 2018.
• 2–5 October 2019. The Russian Society for Music Theory organizes its Fourth International Congress in Nazib Zhiganov Kazan’ State Conservatory. The theme is Musical Terms, Concepts and Categories.
• The Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory announces a Joint conference with the Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie in Trossingen, Germany, in 2019.
• EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis, should take place in Moscow in Autumn 2020.